Xtension™ MU is a premium slow release methylene urea fertilizer that delivers a steady, predictable and long lasting source of nitrogen. When Xtension™ MU is applied to turf, a small amount of nitrogen is immediately released through water solubility and the remaining portion is released gradually by soil microbes.
Xtension™ MU provides an extended source of nitrogen to increase beneficial soil microbe populations, support root development and maintain healthy turf growth. Xtension™ MU “spoon feeds” the correct amount of nitrogen at the correct time for thick, healthy, beautiful turf.
Start the growing season out right and continue feeding your turf well as it grows. Whether on a golf course or a well-used sports field, Xtension™ MU is an excellent product from start to finish.
How Does It Work?
With 50% of the total nitrogen as water insoluble nitrogen (WIN), Xtension™ MU is released by soil microbes.
Soil microbes slowly convert the methylene urea (MU) within Xtension™ MU into urea, which is converted into ammonium and ultimately into nitrate within the soil.
The speed of nitrogen release is dependent on the length of the MU chains, providing an extended source of nitrogen.
- 50% of the total nitrogen as water insoluble nitrogen.
- 15% of the total nitrogen is immediately released through water solubility, becoming available for turf uptake.
- Homogenous granules provide steady, predictable and long lasting results.
- A safe long lasting slow release source of nitrogen.
- Increased growth of beneficial soil microorganism.
- Damaged prills do not impact the release of nutrients.
- Xtension™ MU reduces the risk of nitrogen loss to the environment.
- Consistent long lasting feeding with fewer applications throughout the season.
- Available in three sizes for multiple finished blends.
- Nitrogen release through hydrolysis and soil microbes.
SDS Xtension MU
Info Sheet – Xtension MU